Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Correct is wrong?

Of late, I keep asking this question to myself “is Correct is wrong?”.


These questions come to me from few day to day activities. Let me quote few examples;- in our office campus, we have a long driveway from the main road to the campus and the speed limit set is 20Km/h in the driveway and parking lots. I normally maintian the speed limit; but I found many overtake me, some get irritated and honk and few even make gestures for my “wrong doing” of driving slow. Me driving slow (on the speed limit), make others to overtake, which is increasing risks to other drivers / road users (for which I am feeling bad), and so is my correct is wrong?


Very recently; I landed in Mumbai airport and went to queue “free phone counter” for taxi booking. There was only person on the phone; I was just giving some private space for him and wating for my turn for the phone. As soon the person kept the phone, a young educated lady barged in and picked up the phone for taxi booking. Here again, me patiently waiting for my turn and also giving private space for the other caller is wrong? – Correct is wrong!


There are many small instances, which I think it is correct, but others think it is not or not very appropirate. Do you also face these kinds of conflicts? What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. everbody who has visited developed countries with some sense to correct the way things happen in India goes through this situation.

    I am afraid the majority behave as per the old idiom "Be a Roman in Rome"!!!

    But,I am never perturbed by others actions as long as it doesnot endanger me and my family life!!

    Durai you are doing great.To make a change we need to start with the man in the mirror.

    DO you have a common group ID's for the employees in your are.If so I would post the speed limit photo and remind everbody politely let us implement what we learn from developed countries in Indian roads as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not only in India, even in US, I've seen many Indians not following rules where there is no enforcement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charity begins at home. So lets continue doing the good work we are doing, and not get discouraged by what the so-called "well educated" fellow beings do. We can only hope that someday India will get better.

    ReplyDelete